Welcome you at Satish Pradhan Dnyanasadhana College, Thane (Arts, Science and Commerce) and wish you a very bright future ahead. We would like you to inform you that – “Ragging is totally banned in and around the College premises. Anyone found guilty of ragging and abetting is liable to be punished appropriately”. Supreme Court of India has laid down very strict rules for implementation of Anti Ragging measures to avoid occurrence of undesirable activities such as ragging inside or outside the campus. Any individual or collective act or practice of ragging constitutes gross indiscipline. Ragging ordinarily means an act conducted or practiced by which power or status of senior students is brought to bear upon students freshly enrolled or students who are in any way considered junior by other students and includes individual or collective acts / practices which involve:
Actions to be taken against students for indulging and abetting in Ragging in technical institutions Universities including Deemed to be University imparting technical education:-
1. The punishment to be meted out to the persons indulged in ragging has to be exemplary and justifiably harsh to act as a deterrent against recurrence of such incidents. The students who are found to be indulged in ragging should be debarred from taking admission in any technical institution in India.
2. Every single incident of ragging a First Information Report (FIR) must be filed without exception by the institutional authorities with the local police authorities.
3. Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established by the Anti-Ragging Committee of the institution, the possible punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or any combination of the following.
(i) Cancellation of admission
(ii) Suspension from attending classes
(iii) Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
(iv) Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
(v) Withholding results
(vi) Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
(vii) Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
(viii) Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 4 semesters
(ix) Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
(x) Fine of Rupees 25,000/-
(xi) Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
4. The institutional authority shall intimate the incidents of ragging occurred in their premises along with actions taken to the Council immediately after occurrence of such incident and inform the status of the case from time to time.
5. Courts should make an effort to ensure that cases involving ragging are taken up on priority basis to send the correct message that ragging is not only to be discouraged but also to be dealt with sternness.
Discipline and Anti Ragging Committee
|Discipline and Anti Ragging Committee|
|Adv. Suyash Pradhan - Convener - 9619395507|
|Dr. Radhika Mukherjee - Member - 9545822346|
|Dr. Kalpana.R. Rathod -Member - 9920124809|
|Mr. Tushar Chavan - Member - 9773828320|
|Important Links related to Anti Ragging|
|UGC ANTI RAGGING CAMPAIGN TVC TARGETING PARENTS|
|Anti Ragging TVC|
|Anti Ragging CAMPAIGN TVC TARGETING VICTIMS|
National Anti Ragging Help Line 24 X 7 Toll Free Number 1800-180-5522 email@example.com